Title: Front Desk/Medical Assistant- Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care Webster
- Type: Part Time to Full Time
- Location: Webster, TX
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is looking for a Front Desk/Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant will provide medical services to patients under the guidance of a physician, along with being cross trained to assist in front office.
The ideal person for this type of role is a good listener, outgoing and compassionate, organized and adaptable and an excellent problem solver. This vital role greets our patients, displays professionalism, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Provide patient-care services– Examine patients, verify all medical history and chart notes. Make preliminary diagnosis regarding any follow-up procedures needed. Order diagnostic tests as required. Create and maintain patient-care plans, while instructing and guiding patients on progress. Prescribe medication as needed under the direction of a physician.
- Perform supportive procedures – Perform procedures such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Other duties: – Answer phones, take messages, insurance verification, cash handling, close out end of day front office procedures. Act as the backup to the physician when emergency treatments or complex procedures come up. Display professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- High school diploma and a graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with state accreditation based on certifying exam.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Previous clinical experience is preferred.
- Insurance verification, copay, deductible, and billing knowledge preferred.