Title: Business Development Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Location: HOUSTON, TX
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying healthcare services for business opportunities. This position will work to achieve financial growth by strengthening relationships with partners, customer relationships, negotiating and closing business deals and maximizing overall revenue and sales growth.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Grows, enhances and retains existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to partners.
- Research, identify and set up meetings with potential partners.
- Collaborates with internal staff throughout the company to evaluate opportunities to meet customer needs.
- Develop proposals that target the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Drives sales cycle ensuring partners expectations are met while achieving targeted goals and acceptable margins of the business.
- Delivers insight-driven strategies from opportunity identification through to experience implementation, including project work, managing data, setting objectives, project profitability, and timeline execution.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continuously enhance the company’s performance.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: MBA
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience