Title: Communications and Media Intern
- Department: Marketing
- Type: Internship
- Location: Houston, TX
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is looking for a media rockstar to add to its constellation this summer(June -August). The Media Intern will have the opportunity to contribute their photography, videography, and graphic design skills at one of the Houston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and Fast 100 Fastest Growing Companies.
This position will give the right candidate the chance to build their portfolio, showcase their work online and work closely with a company who is innovative and ready to level up their online presence. This is an summer internship with a 5-10 hours per week commitment and $10 per hour compensation that comes with the perks of attending NightLight’s teambuilding and other internal events.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Create promotional videos, video testimonials and build NightLight’s content library
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- Film video and shoot photographs in clinic and field environments
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value, a level of technical sophistication, and clearly tells the desired story
- Researches, recommends and utilizes new technologies for media and publications.
- Provides assistance and training on photographic/video equipment and related software to staff as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a marketing or graphic design program, with a minimum of 2 years of college course work complete.
- Creative outlook and takes initiative on projects and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Photography editing.
- Film and video editing.
- Must provide a portfolio to share.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attend community events and travel to the NightLight locations to gather footage
- Personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record are required
- Work from home is acceptable when not meeting with Nightlight staff
To Apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter to include why you are interested in this internship
- Any portfolio items or websites, youtube, Vimeo links etc. you have that show your skillset