Title: Community Outreach Member
- Department: Admin
- Type: Part Time
- Location: Houston, TX
Seasonal Position for Community Outreach Member
May to August 2019
About the Position
The Community Outreach Member works primarily in the field with parents, children, and the community-at-large to raise awareness of Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care. The member builds strategic relationships, conducts a variety of outreach activities, and maintain relationships with local businesses. The work will focus in the Cyfair, Sugar Land, Webster, Humble, Tanglewood, Garden Oaks, and Pearland communities, but may include other areas in Greater Houston.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Work with marketing team to implement an outreach plan that targets parents, daycares, schools, and other organizations.
- Work collaboratively with outreach members to set up, execute, and break down community events such as health fairs, teddy bear clinics, festivals, and expos.
- Maintain documentation of outreach activities and assist in tracking data related to attendance and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in all meetings and trainings to build and maintain knowledge of Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, event planning, public health, or healthcare administration
- Work only promotional events as needed
- 1 year of community involvement/ activities or company promoting experience
- Public speaking skills
- Organizational skills
- Familiar with the different communities
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform light physical demands
- Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Must have knowledge of and be comfortable presenting information related to the specific project being assigned.
- Spanish speaking a plus
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Valid Driver’s License
About NightLight Pediatrics Urgent Care
NightLight addresses an important need in the healthcare delivery system. We offer pediatric patients after hours’ care in a kid-friendly environment. Providing quality, affordable, compassionate services to children from newborn to 21 years. NightLight Pediatricians mentor and work with nurse practitioners or physician assistants depending on time and location.
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become part of the NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care family!