Title: PT Nurse Practitioner
- Department: Nurse Practitioner
- Type: Part Time
- Location: Houston, TX
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is searching for Experienced Nurse Practitioner for their Garden Oaks and Tanglewood Clinics
Apply Now in less than 3 minutes
Featured Video: Andrea Brooks, FNP @ NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care, explains why she thinks NightLight is such a great place to work
About the Position:
Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage for our after-hours pediatric urgent care clinic locations throughout the Houston area. Nightlight provides quality, affordable, compassionate services to children ranging from newborn to 21 years old.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long and short term disability, Life insurance
- Reimbursement for licensure, DEA, BLS, PALS renewals
- CME allowance (UpToDate subscription)
- 100% Malpractice insurance coverage
- Uniform allowance
- 401 (K) Program (with matching)
- and much more
- Sugar Land
- Garden Oaks
Dr. Chu's video demonstration: Medical Equipment used at NightLight
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintains and updates patient records and other patient information related to acute visits
- Communicates to Medical Assistants clear and instructions for patient follow-up with regards to lab and imaging results.
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls and follow-up calls with regards to patient visits, prescriptions, labs and imaging studies
- Delegates & documents patient call back information to the Medical Assistants (MAs) on duty with regard to medical advice, prescriptions, labs, and imaging studies
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s acute complaint history and conduction of focused physical exam as directed by the patient history.
- Performs laceration repairs, incisions & drainage of abscesses, application of splints, wart treatments, and partial excision of ingrown toe nails.
- May be asked to cath, draw blood or use a bag mask valve to ventilate a patient as the situation requires.
- Formulation and communication of discharge instructions for each patient seen with clear documentation of this plan within the EMR so that it can easily be relayed to the patient’s PCP.
- Coordinate/Run emergency procedures in cases where patients present as unstable.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registration
- Current PALS or BLS.
- Board Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Texas.
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Texas.
Dr Dao & Rivera's Video Interview: Career Opportunity at NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care
NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become part of the NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care family!
#nursepractitioner #np #nightlight #nightlighpediatricurgentcare #houston #houstonTX #texas